BME Seminar Series: Tracy Preston, The Ohio State University
"Innovation, Collaboration, and Commercialization"
Technology commercialization advances the university’s research by translating innovations and discoveries into business opportunities in the global marketplace.
Come spend some time with our experts to learn how we’re here to help you with:
- Evaluating inventions for commercial potential
- Protecting intellectual property with patents, copyrights and trademarks
- Licensing technology to industry
- Creating a startup from your innovation
- Negotiating agreements for licenses, options, material transfers and confidentiality
The technology commercialization team is the first resource for disclosing innovations at the university. We engage with faculty and staff to build a pipeline of innovation to help evaluate, protect and ultimately find the right market for intellectual property. Ohio State’s Corporate Engagement Office facilitates strategic, mutually-beneficial relationships between the university, our faculty and outside businesses and organizations.