You are here
The Department of Biomedical Engineering’s 2017 Annual Awards Luncheon
On Friday, April 14th, the Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Ohio State University Student Chapter, hosted the annual, end-of-the-year awards luncheon. The event recognized the outstanding faculty, staff and students in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at The Ohio State Engineering.
This year the event was held at the Ohio Union. Dr. Richard Hart, BME Department Chair, Dr. Cynthia Roberts, Professor and Chair of the BME honors and awards committee, and Dr. Mark Ruegsegger, Associate Professor of Practice and Director of Undergraduate Education, BME, presented awards that recognized exceptional above and beyond service by the faculty, staff and students over the 2016-2017 academic year.
2017 Award Recipients:
- Herman R. Weed Excellence in Teaching Award – Dr. Keith Gooch
- Vladimir O. Marukhlenko Staff of the Year Award – Robert Ben Jones
- BME Chair's Award for Outstanding Contribution – Dr. William Brantley
Undergraduate Student Awards
- Junior Outstanding Scholar Award - Jonathan Chang, Jacob Enders, Luke Lemmerman, Griffin Spychalski
- Senior Outstanding Scholar Award - Hayes Davis
- Research Achievement Award - Victoria Barnhouse
- Undergraduate Service Award - Matthew Becker
- Senior Leadership Award - Bernard Cook
- Biomedical Engineering Society Scholarship Award – Talmadge (TG) Gaither, Nicole Nassif
Graduate Student Awards
- Graduate Service Award - Allison Yard
- Graduate Teaching Associate Award – Megan Hatikemper
- The Andreas F. von Recum Graduate Research Achievement Award – Ela Onal
To view photos from the event click here.