- Associate Professor, Surgery
- Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering
Dorothy Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Room 405A
473 W 12th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
- B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology,1998
- M.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2000
- Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2004
Key Honors and Distinctions
- George T. Abell Outstanding Teaching & Service Faculty Award, College of Engineering, Colorado State University (2014)
- George T. Abell Outstanding Early Career Faculty Award, College of Engineering, Colorado State University (2013)
RESEARCH AREAS – Cardiovascular and Biofluid Mechanics
- Biomaterials; Biomechanics; Fluid dynamics; Micro/Nanotechnology devices; Heart valve prostheses; Heart development
Professor Dasi’s lab develops new knowledge as it pertains to tackling complex problems in cardiovascular fluid mechanics. Current research projects underway include: (1) Understanding the role of mechanical stresses on the morphogenesis of embryonic heart, (2) Development of novel heart valve technologies, (3) Energy loss characteristics of multiple heart valve disease, (4) Fluid-structure interaction modeling of the native aortic valve, (5) Lagrangian blood damage modeling and novel bileaflet mechanical heart valve designs, (6) Minimally invasive heart valve therapy, and (7) Understanding the small-scale structure of strongly anisotropic turbulence.
- Hatoum, H.; Moore, B.L.; Dasi, L.P., 2018, "On the Significance of Systolic Flow Waveform on Aortic Valve Energy Loss.." Annals of biomedical engineering
- Hatoum, H.; Heim, F.; Dasi, L.P., 2018, "Stented valve dynamic behavior induced by polyester fiber leaflet material in transcatheter aortic valve devices.." Journal of the mechanical behavior of biomedical materials 86, 232-239 - 232-239.
- Hatoum, H.; Yousefi, A.; Lilly, S.; Maureira, P. et al., 2018, "An in vitro evaluation of turbulence after transcatheter aortic valve implantation.." The Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery
- Hatoum, H.; Dollery, J.; Lilly, S.M.; Crestanello, J. et al., 2018, "Impact of patient-specific morphologies on sinus flow stasis in transcatheter aortic valve replacement: An in vitro study.." The Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery
- Hatoum, H.; Crestanello, J.A.; Dasi, L.P., 2016, "Possible Subclinical Leaflet Thrombosis in Bioprosthetic Aortic Valves." NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE 374, no. 16, 1591-1591 - 1591-1591.
- Hatoum, H.; Crestanello, J.A.; Dasi, L.P., 2016, "To the Editor." New England Journal of Medicine 374, no. 16, 1591 - 1591.
- Pekkan, K.; Dasi, L.P.; Nourparvar, P.; Yerneni, S. et al., 2008, "In vitro hemodynamic investigation of the embryonic aortic arch at late gestation." JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICS 41, no. 8, 1697-1706 - 1697-1706.
- Johnson, B.; Garrity, D.; Dasi, L.P., "The Brine Shrimp's Butterfly Stroke."
Papers in Proceedings
- Yun, B.M.; Dasi, L.P.; Aidun, C.K.; Yoganathan, A.P. "Simulations of flow through bileaflet mechanical heart valves with asymmetric leaflet motion." (12 2012).
- Yun, B.M.; Dasi, L.P.; Aidun, C.K.; Yoganathan, A.P. et al. "SIMULATIONS OF FLOW THROUGH BILEAFLET MECHANICAL HEART VALVES WITH ASYMMETRIC LEAFLET MOTION." (1 2012).
- Yun, B.M.; Dasi, L.P.; Aidun, C.K.; Yoganathan, A.P. "SIMULATIONS OF FLOW THROUGH BILEAFLET MECHANICAL HEART VALVES WITH ASYMMETRIC LEAFLET MOTION." in ASME Summer Bioengineering Conference (SBC). (1 2012).