- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Pharm CBO/Coll
- Associate Professor, SBS-Physiology & Cell Biology
1645 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
A Distinguished Undergraduate Research Mentor. The Ohio State University.
Chair of scientific session on “Heart Failure” at Cardiostim 2014. 19th World Congress in Cardiac Electrophysiology & Cardiac techniques.
Chair of scientific session at Heart Rhythm Society Meeting 2013. Heart Rhythm Society 34th Annual Scientific Sessions.
Chair of scientific session at Cardiostim 2012. 18th World Congress in Cardiac Electrophysiology& Cardiac techniques, Nice, France.
Chair of scientific session at Cardiostim 2010. 17th World Congress in Cardiac Electrophysiology & Cardiac Techniques. Nice, France.
Best Science Award. American Heart Association, Scientific Sessions, Orlando, Florida.
Chair of scientific session at annual BME Society meeting, St. Louis MO. Biomedical Engineering Society.
Presley-Zeiss Award. American Association of Anatomists.
Young Scientists Suport Grant. Russian Foundation for Basic Research.
Medal of Russian Academy of Sciences for Young Scientists in the field of Physiology. Russian Academy of Science.
Young Scientists Support Grant. Russian Foundation for Basic Research.
Russia President's Scholarship for Young Scientists. Russian President Administration.
Young Scientists Support Grant. Russian Foundation for Basic Research.
Best Young Scientists Award. Cardiology Research Center, Moscow Russia.
Diploma of Honour. Russian Cardiology Research Center, Moscow.
- Fedorov VV, Glukhov AV, Efimov IR. 2011. "Optical registration of the cardiac electrical activity using fluorescent dyes." In Physiology. Experimental practicum handbook, edited by Kamkin AG and Kiseleva IM, 264 - 309. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media.
- Fedorov VV, Trifonova OP, Glukhov AV, Rosen MR, Rosenshtraukh LV. 2005. The role of mechano-electrical feedback in the cholinergic atrial fibrillation initiation. In Mechanosensitivity in Cells and Tissues, edited by Kamkin AG and Kiseleva IM, 313 - 335. Moscow: International Publishing House of Russia.
- Fedorov VV, Aliev RR, Glukhov AV, Resnik AV, Anufriev A, Nakipova OV, Kolaeva SG, Rosenshtraukh LV, Efimov IR. 2004. "Cardiac Conduction and Resistance to Ventricular Fibrillation in Siberian Hibernator Ground Squirrel Citellus Undulatus." In Life in Cold: Evolution, Mechanisms Adaptation, and Application, edited by Barnes BM and Carey HV, 543 - 555. Fairbanks: Sue Mitchell, Inkworks.
- Fedorov VV, Csepe TA, Hansen BJ. "Chapter 28: Mechanisms of normal and dysfunctional Sinoatrial Nodal Excitability and Propagation." In Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside. Seventh Edition, edited by Zipes DP, Jalife J,
- Musa H, Kline CF, Sturm AC, Murphy N, Adelman S, Wang C, Yan H, Johnson BL, Csepe TA, Kilic A, Higgins RS, Janssen PM, Fedorov VV, Weiss R, Salazar C, Hund TJ, Pitt GS, Mohler PJ, 2015, SCN5A variant that blocks fibroblast growth factor homologous factor regulation causes human arrhythmia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 112, no. 40, 12528 - 33.
- Bonilla IM, Long VP 3rd, Vargas-Pinto P, Wright P, Belevych A, Lou Q, Mowrey K, Yoo J, Binkley PF, Fedorov VV, Györke S, Janssen PM, Kilic A, Mohler PJ, Carnes CA, 2014, Calcium-Activated Potassium Current Modulates Ventricular Repolarization in Chronic Heart Failure. PLOS ONE 9, no. 10, e108824 -
- Lou Q, Fedorov VV, 2012, "Shock-induced focal arrhythmias: not driven by calcium?." Heart Rhythm
- Kurian T, Ambrosi C, Hucker W, Fedorov VV, Efimov IR, 2010, Anatomy and electrophysiology of the human AV node. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 33, no. 6, 754 - 762.
- Efimov IR, Fedorov VV, Joung B, Lin SF, 2010, Mapping cardiac pacemaker circuits: methodological puzzles of the sinoatrial node optical mapping. Circulation Research 106, no. 2, 255 - 271.
- Fedorov VV, Glukhov AV, Chang R, Kostecki G, Aferol HA, Hucker WJ, Moazami N, Schuessler RB, Efimov IR, 2010, Optical mapping of the isolated coronary-perfused human sinus node. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CARDIOLOGY 56, no. 17, 1386 - 1394.
- Glukhov AV, Fedorov VV, Lou Q, Schuessler RB, Moazami N, Efimov IR, 2010, Transmural dispersion of repolarization in normal and failing human ventricle. Circulation Research 106, no. 5, 981 - 991.
- Glukhov AV, Flagg TP, Fedorov VV, Efimov IR, Nichols CG, 2010, Differential K-ATP channel pharmacology in intact mouse heart. J Moll Cell Cardiol 48, no. 1, 152 - 160.
- Fedorov VV, Chang R, Kosecki G, Glukhov AV, Janks D, Schuessler RB, Efimov IR, 2010, "Sinoatrial node as a substrate for atrial reentrant arrhythmias in the canine heart." Circulation
- Fedorov VV, Chang R, Glukhov AV, Kostecki G, Janks D, Schuessler RB, Efimov IR, 2010, Complex Interactions Between the Sinoatrial Node and Atrium During Reentrant Arrhythmias in the Canine Heart. CIRCULATION 122, no. 8, 782 - U79.
- Fedorov VV, Schuessler RB, Hemphill M, Ambrosi CM, Brown K, Chang R, Hucker WJ, Efimov IR, 2009, Structural and functional evidence for discrete exit pathways that connect the canine sino-atrial node and atria. Circulation Research 104, no. 7, 915 - 923.
- Fedorov VV, 2008, Does the postrepolarization refractoriness play a role in amiodarone's antiarrhythmic efficacy?. Heart Rhythm 5, no. 12, 1743 - 1744.
- Fedorov VV, Glukhov AV, Sudharshan S, Egorov Y, Rosenshtraukh LV, Efimov IR, 2008, Electrophysiological mechanisms of antiarrhythmic protection during hypothermia in winter hibernating versus nonhibernating mammals. Heart Rhythm 5, no. 11, 1587 - 1596.
- Fedorov VV and Lozinsky IT, 2008, Is the beta3-adrenergic receptor a new target for treatment of post-infarct ventricular tachyarrhythmias and prevention of sudden cardiac death?. Heart Rhythm 5, no. 2, 298 - 299.
- Hucker WJ, Ripplinger CM, Fleming CF, Fedorov VV, Rollins AM, Efimov jIR, 2008, Bimodal biophotonic imaging of the structure-function relationship in cardiac tissue. Journal of Biomedical Optics 13, no. 5, 054012 -
- Fedorov VV, Lozinsky IT, Sosunov EA, Anyukhovsky EP, Rosen MR, Balke CW, Efimov IR, 2007, Application of blebistatin as an excitation-contraction uncoupler for electrophysiological study of rat and rabbit hearts. Heart Rhythm 4, no. 5, 619 - 626.
- Efimov IR, Fedorov VV, 2006, Precordial thump and commotio cordis: The yin and yang of mechanoelectric feedback in the heart. Heart Rhythm 3, no. 2, 187 - 188.
- Reznik AV, Fedorov VV, Rozenshtraukh LV, 2006, "Ionic channels and currents in the cardiomyocytes." Kardiologiia 46, no. 2, 4 - 18.
- Aliev RR, Fedorov VV, Rosenshtraukh LV, 2005, Study of the effect of acetylcholine on the excitability of true pacemaker cells of rabbit sinus node using computer simulation. Doklady Biological Sciences (DAN) 402, no. 4, 548 - 550.
- Aliev RR, Fedorov VV, Rozenshtraukh LV, 2005, Study of the Effect of Acetylcholine on the Excitability of True Pacemaker Cells of Rabbit Sinus Node Using Computer Simulation. DOKLADY BIOCHEMISTRY AND BIOPHYSICS 402, no. 1-6, 223 - 225.
- Efimov IR, Fedorov VV, 2005, Chessboard of atrial fibrillation: Reentry or focus? Single or multiple source(s)? Neurogenic or myogenic?. Am J Physiol 289, no. 3, H977 - H999.
- Aliev RR, Fedorov VV, Rosenshtrakh LV, 2004, Study of the effect of acetylcholine on ion currents in single cells of true and latent pacemakers of rabbit sinus node using computer simulation.. Doklady Biological Sciences (DAN) 397, no. 5, 288 - 291.
- Fedorov VV, Rozenshtraukh LV, Reznik AV, Beloshapko GG, Yushmanova AV, Golitsyn SP, Ruda MY, Chazov EI, 2004, Antiarrhythmic efficacy of a new class III antiarrhythmic drug RG-2. Kardiologiia 44, no. 11, 62 - 69.
- Fedorov VV, Glukhov AV, Sharifov OF, Beloshapko GG, Iushmanova AV, Rozenshtraukh LV, 2003, "Effects of verapamill on atrial fibritlation spontaneous initiation in the intact canine heart." KARDIOLOGIYA 43, no. 1, 55 - 70.
- Sharifov OF, Fedorov VV, Rosenshtraukh LV, Yushmanova AV, 2001, "Isoproterenol potentiates atrial fibrillation induced by acetycholine." Russian Physiology Journal Im I M Sechenova 87, no. 10, 1296 - 1308.
- Fedorov VV, Sharifov OF, Beloshapko GG, Iushmanova AV, Rozenshtraukh LV, 2001, "[Trigger activity of ryanodine in mechanism of cholinergic atrial fibrillation in dogs].." Russian Physiology Journal Im I M Sechenova 87, no. 5, 679 - 687.
- Fedorov VV, Sharifov OF, Rosenshtraukh LV, Vinogradova TM, Obrezchikova MN, Beloshapko GG, Yushmanova AV, 2000, "Chronotropic effects of a new class III drug nibentan in mammalian atria in vitro and in vivo." Kardiologiia 40, no. 2, 37 - 47.
- Fedorov VV, Sharifov OF, Rosenshtraukh LV, Beloshapko GG, Yushmanova AV, 1999, "Mechanism of antiarrhythmic action of nibentan on experimental model of vagotonic atrial fibrillation in the canine heart." Kardiologiya 39, no. 3, 45 - 56.
- Vinogradova TM, Fedorov VV, Yuzyuk TN, Zaitsev AV, Rosenshtraukh LV, 1998, "Local cholinergic suppression of pacemaker activity in the rabbit sinoatrial node." JOURNAL OF CARDIOVASCULAR PHARMACOLOGY 32, no. 3, 413 - 424.
- Vinogradova TM, Yuzyuk TN, Fedorov VV, Zaitsev AV, Rosenshtraukh LV, 1997, "Stimulation of intramural parasympathetic nerve fibers induces inescitability in the rabbit sinus node." Kardiologiia 37, no. 4, 34 - 43.
- Vinogradova TM, Yuzyuk TN, Fedorov VV, Zaitsev AV, Rosenshtraukh LV, 1997, "Stimulation of intramural parasympathetic nerve fibers induces local inexcitability in the rabbit sinus node." Kardiologiya 37, no. 4, 34 - 42.
- Milani-Nejad N, Canan BD, Elnakish MT, Davis JP, Chung JH, Fedorov VV, Binkley PF, Higgins RS, Kilic A, Mohler PJ, Janssen PM, The Frank-Starling Mechanism Involves Deceleration of Cross-Bridge Kinetics and is Preserved in Failing Human Right Ventricular Myocardium. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol
- "Electrophysiological mechanisms of initiation of the cholinergic atrial fibrillation in the dogs." 2003, Presented at III International Conference "Mechanisms of functioning visceral systems", Saint Petersburg, RU|RUS
- "Structure-function correlation in the mammalian sinoatrial node: Implications for engineering a biological pacemaker." 2008, Presented at Biomedical Engineering Society 2008, St Louis, US|USA
- "Structural and functional studies of the mammalian heart from mouse to human: Implications for new antiarrhythmic therapies." 2009, Presented at Seminar in Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, US|USA
- "Sinoatrial reentry is a mechanism of atrial flutter." 2008, Presented at Heart Rhythm 2008, San Francisco, US|USA
- "Cardiac gap junction enhancement prevents conduction disturbances and arrhythmias in winter-hibernating mammals." 2008, Presented at Heart Rhythm 2008, San Francisco, US|USA
- "Electrophysiological mechanisms of the cholinergic canine atrial fibrillation initiation." 2004, Presented at XIX Congress of the Russian Physiological Society by I.P. Pavlova, Yekaterinburg, RU|RUS
- "Dual-modal biophotonic imaging of the canine sino-atril nodal strusture and function." 2007, Presented at American Heart Association 2007, Orlando, US|USA
- "Chronotropic effects of a new class III drug nibentan in mammalian atria." 2000, Presented at VII Russian National Congress "Human and drugs", Moscow, RU|RUS
- Pacemakering and conduction system of the rabbit heart. 2007, Presented at Gordon Research Conference, Cardiac Arrhythmia Mechanisms 2007, Ventura Beach, US|USA
- "Natural mechanisms of resistance to ventricular fibrillation during hypothermia: comparative study of a hibernator Citellus undulatus versus rabbit." 2007, Presented at Experimental Biology 2007, Washington, US|USA
- "Blebbistatin as a novel and selective cardiac excitation-contraction uncoupler." 2007, Presented at Heart Rhythm 2007, Denver, US|USA
- "Functional and structural biophotonic imaging of the sino-atrial node." 2008, Presented at Department of Biomedical Engineering, Birmingham, US|USA
- "Sinoatrial node and atrial fibrillation: To beat or not to beat." 2010, Presented at Department Physiology and Biophysics Seminar, Seattle, US|USA
- "Vagally-induced inhibition of the sinoatrial nodal region." 2005, Presented at 1st Russian Arrhythmology Congress, Moscow, RU|RUS
- "Role of Ca2+ L-type and stretch-activated currents in mechanism of the cholinergic atrial fibrillation initiation." 2003, Presented at X Russian National Congress "Human and drugs", Moscow, RU|RUS
- "Cardiac conduction and resistance to hypothermia cardiac arrest in siberian ground squirrel." 2004, Presented at VI International Symposium of Comparative Electrocardiology, Syktyvkar, RU|RUS
- "The role of adrenergic and cholinergic activities in the paroxysmal atrial fibrillation initiation." 2002, Presented at V Cardiostim. Slavic International Congress on Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology, Saint Petersburg, RU|RUS
- "Experimental study of new class III antiarrhythmic drug RG-2." 2002, Presented at V Cardiostim. Slavic International Congress of Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology, St Petersburg, RU|RUS
- "Different mechanisms of initiation of cholinergic atrial fibrillation." 2001, Presented at National Congress "Human and drugs", Moscow, RU|RUS
- Lack of spontaneous ventricular fibrillation in hypothermic isolated hearts of Siberian ground squirrel from the cold pole region of Northern hemisphere. 2003, Presented at Gordon Research Conference "Cardiac Arrhythmia Mechanisms", New London, US|USA
- "Hibernator Citellus undulatus maintains safe cardiac conduction and is protected against tachyarrhythmias during extreme hypothermia: possible role of Cx43 and Cx45 upregulation." 2006, Presented at Heart Rhythm 2006, Boston, US|USA
- "Functional and structural optical imagining of the rabbit sinoatrial node." 2006, Presented at Experimental Biology 2006, San Francisco, US|USA
- "New aspects of class III antiarrhythmic drugs action-anticholinergic mechanism." 1999, Presented at US-Russia Joint Symposium on Cardiac Arrhythmias, Moscow, RU|RUS
- "Effects of ryanodine and verapamil on atrial fibrillation induced by cholinergic activity in the intact canine heart." 2001, Presented at US-Russia Joint Symposium on Cardiac Arrhythmias, Washington, US|USA
- "Specialized atrial pacemaker complex in normal and diseased hearts –insights from Optical mapping." 2013, Presented at Semiar at National Heart and Lung Institute, London, GB|GBR
- Optical mapping of the sinus and atrioventricular nodes. 2013, Presented at The International Union of Physiological Sciences (IUPS), Birmingham, GB|GBR
- "Electrophysiological mechanisms of anti-arrhythmic protection during hypothermia in winter hibernating versus non-hibernating mammals." 2011, Presented at NHLBI-VCU-W&M World Conference, Williamsburg, US|USA
- Human Sinus Node Function -Insights from Optical Mapping. 2011, Presented at Gordon Research Conference, Cardiac Arrhythmias Mechanisms 2011, Galveston, US|USA
- "3-D view into the heart through high resolution optical mapping." 2012, Presented at Biomedical Engineering Department seminar, Columbus, US|USA
- "Sinus node function and dysfunction." 2012, Presented at Cardiac EP seminar at the Ross Hospital, Columbus, US|USA
- "Sino-atrial nodal depression and decreased heart rhythm response to autonomic modulation in a Calsequestrin 2 knockout mouse model." 2012, Presented at American Heart Association Scientific Session, Los Angeles, US|USA
- "New approaches for cardiac pharmacology: high resolution optical mapping with fluorescence dyes." 2011, Presented at College of Pharmacy Seminar, Columbus, US|USA
- "Atrial Arrhythmias in Explanted Human Hearts: Optical Mapping Studies." 2013, Presented at Cardiac EP seminar at the Ross Hospital, Columbus, US|USA
- Igor Efimov, Crystal M Ripplinger, Vadim V Fedorov, Kelley V Foyil, Christina Ambrosi. "Method and device for three-stage atrial cardioversion therapy." Patent number: 8560066