- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Pharm CBO/Coll
- Associate Professor, SBS-Physiology & Cell Biology
5072C Graves Hall
333 W 10th Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
Special Faculty award.
Chair of scientific session on “Heart Failure” at Cardiostim 2014. Blessing Rieman College of Nursing.
A Distinguished Undergraduate Research Mentor.
Chair of scientific session at Heart Rhythm Society Meeting 2013.
Chair of scientific session at Cardiostim 2012. Covenant Life College.
Chair of scientific session at Cardiostim 2010. Tampa Technical Institute.
Best Science Award.
Chair of scientific session at annual BME Society meeting, St. Louis MO.
Medal of Russian Academy of Sciences for Young Scientists in the field of Physiology.
Young Scientists Suport Grant.
Young Scientists Support Grant.
Best Young Scientists Award.
Russia President's Scholarship for Young Scientists.
Young Scientists Support Grant.
Diploma of Honour.
- 2011. "Optical registration of the cardiac electrical activity using fluorescent dyes." In Physiology. Experimental practicum handbook, edited by Kamkin AG and Kiseleva IM,
- 2005. The role of mechano-electrical feedback in the cholinergic atrial fibrillation initiation. In Mechanosensitivity in Cells and Tissues, edited by Kamkin AG and Kiseleva IM,
- 2004. "Cholinergic Atrial Fibrillation. Chapter 34." In Cardiac Electrophysiology: from cell to bedside 4th edition, edited by Zipes DP and Jalife J,
- 2004. "Cardiac Conduction and Resistance to Ventricular Fibrillation in Siberian Hibernator Ground Squirrel Citellus Undulatus." In Life in Cold: Evolution, Mechanisms Adaptation, and Application, edited by Barnes BM and Carey HV,
- "Chapter 28: Mechanisms of normal and dysfunctional Sinoatrial Nodal Excitability and Propagation." In Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside. Seventh Edition, edited by Zipes DP, Jalife J,
- Hansen BJ, Zhao J, Csepe TA, Li N, Moore BT, Jayne LA, Lim P, Bratasz A, Powell KA, Simonetti O, Higgins RSD, Kilic A, Mohler PJ, Janssen PML, Weiss R, Hummel JD, Fedorov VV, 2015, Atrial fibrillation driven by microanatomic intramural reentry revealed by simultaneous sub-epicardial and sub-endocardial optical mapping in explanted human hearts. European Heart Journal Epub ahead of print, 1-12 - 1-12.
- Musa H, Kline CF, Sturm AC, Murphy N, Adelman S, Wang C, Yan H, Johnson BL, Csepe TA, Kilic A, Higgins RS, Janssen PM, Fedorov VV, Weiss R, Salazar C, Hund TJ, Pitt GS, Mohler PJ, 2015, SCN5A variant that blocks fibroblast growth factor homologous factor regulation causes human arrhythmia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 112, no. 40, 12528-33 - 12528-33.
- Swager SA, Delfín DA, Rastogi N, Wang H, Canan BD, Fedorov VV, Mohler PJ, Kilic A, Higgins RS, Ziolo MT, Janssen PM, Rafael-Fortney JA, 2015, "Claudin-5 levels are reduced from multiple cell types in human failing hearts and are associated with mislocalization of ephrin-B1." CARDIOVASCULAR PATHOLOGY 24, no. 3, 160-167 - 160-167.
- Zhao J, Hansen BJ, Csepe TA, Lim P, Mohler PJ, Janssen PML, Weiss R, Hummel JD, Fedorov VV., 2015, "Integration of high-resolution optical mapping and 3d micro-CT imaging to resolve the structural basis of atrial conduction in the human heart." Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology 8, no. 6, in press - in press.
- Li N, Hansen BJ, Csepe TA, Dobrizunski, Higgins RSD, Kilic A, Mohler PJ, Janssen PML, Rosen MR, Biesiadecki B, Fedorov VV., 2015, Molecular Mapping of Sinoatrial Node HCN Channel Expression in the Human Heart. Circulation Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology pii: CIRCEP.115.003070, Epub ahead of print - Epub ahead of print.
- Bonilla IM, Long VP 3rd, Vargas-Pinto P, Wright P, Belevych A, Lou Q, Mowrey K, Yoo J, Binkley PF, Fedorov VV, Györke S, Janssen PM, Kilic A, Mohler PJ, Carnes CA, 2014, Calcium-Activated Potassium Current Modulates Ventricular Repolarization in Chronic Heart Failure. PLOS ONE 9, no. 10, e108824 - e108824.
- Lou Q, Hansen BJ, Fedorenko O, Csepe T, Hage L, Lou Q, Kalyanasundaram A, Glukhov AV, Billman G, Weiss R, Mohler PJ, Gyorke S, Biesiadecki BJ, Carnes CA, Fedorov VV, 2014, Upregulation of adenosine A1 receptors facilitates sinoatrial node dysfunction in chronic canine heart failure by exacerbating nodal conduction abnormalities revealed by novel dual-sided intramural optical mapping. Circulation 130, no. 4, 315-24 - 315-24.
- Ho HT, Liu B, Snyder JS, Lou Q, Brundage EA, Velez-Cortes F, Wang H, Ziolo MT, Anderson ME, Sen CK, Wehrens XH, Fedorov VV, Biesiadecki BJ, Hund TJ, Györke S, 2014, Ryanodine receptor phosphorylation by oxidized CaMKII contributes to the cardiotoxic effects of cardiac glycosides. Cardiovascular Research 101, no. 1, 165-174 - 165-174.
- Hansen,B,J; Csepe,T,A; Kalyanasundaram,A; Kamalov,G; Zhao,J; Janssen,P,ML; Mohler,P,J; Davies,E,A; Weiss,R; Fedorov,V,V, 2013, Leading Reentry Circuit(s) in the Right Atrial Free Wall Underlies Adenosine-Induced Atrial Fibrillation in Coronary Perfused Human Hearts.. Heart rhythm 10, no. 11, 1745 - 1745.
- Glukhov AV, Hage LT, Hansen BJ, Pedraza-Toscano A, Vargas-Pinto P, Hamlin RL, Weiss R, Carnes CA, Billman GE, Fedorov VV, 2013, Sinoatrial Node Reentry in a Canine Chronic Left Ventricular Infarct Model Role of Intranodal Fibrosis and Heterogeneity of Refractoriness. CIRCULATION-ARRHYTHMIA AND ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY 6, no. 5, 984-994 - 984-994.
- Lou Q, Glukhov AV, Hansen B, Hage L, Vargas-Pinto P, Billman GE, Carnes CA, Fedorov VV, 2013, Tachy-brady arrhythmias: The critical role of adenosine-induced sinoatrial conduction block in post-tachycardia pauses. HEART RHYTHM 10, no. 1, 110-118 - 110-118.
- Lou Q, Fedorov VV, 2012, Shock-induced focal arrhythmias: Not driven by calcium?. HEART RHYTHM 9, no. 1, 105-106 - 105-106.
- Glukhov AV, Fedorov VV, Mohler PJ, Anderson ME, Efimov IR, 2010, Functional anatomy of the murine sinus node: Evidence from high-resolution optical mapping. Am J Physiol 299, no. 2, H482-H491 - H482-H491.
- Fedorov VV, Chang R, Kosecki G, Glukhov AV, Janks D, Schuessler RB, Efimov IR, 2010, "Sinoatrial node as a substrate for atrial reentrant arrhythmias in the canine heart." Circulation
- Fedorov VV, Schuessler RB, Hemphill M, Ambrosi CM, Chang R, Voloshina AS, Brown K, Hucker WJ, Efimov IR, 2009, Structural and Functional Evidence for Discrete Exit Pathways That Connect the Canine Sinoatrial Node and Atria. CIRCULATION RESEARCH 104, no. 7, 915-U199 - 915-U199.
- Fedorov VV, Glukhov AV, Sudharshan S, Egorov Y, Rosenshtraukh LV, Efimov IR, 2008, Electrophysiological mechanisms of antiarrhythmic protection during hypothermia in winter hibernating versus nonhibernating mammals. Heart Rhythm 5, no. 11, 1587-1596 - 1587-1596.
- Aliev RR, Fedorov VV, Rozenshtraukh LV, 2005, Study of the Effect of Acetylcholine on the Excitability of True Pacemaker Cells of Rabbit Sinus Node Using Computer Simulation. DOKLADY BIOCHEMISTRY AND BIOPHYSICS 402, no. 1-6, 223-225 - 223-225.
- Fedorov, VV, Li Li, Glukhov AV, Aliev RR, Ivanova AI, Mikheeva TV, Nikolski VP, Rosenshtrakh LV, Efimov IR, 2005, Hibernator Citellus undulatus maintains safe cardiac conduction and is protected against tachyarrhythmias during extreme hypothermia: possible role of Cx43 and Cx45 upregulation. Heart Rhythm 2, no. 9, 966-975 - 966-975.
- Fedorov VV, Sharifov OF, Rosenshtraukh LV, Vinogradova TM, Obrezchikova MN, Beloshapko GG, Yushmanova AV, 2000, "Chronotropic effects of a new class III drug nibentan in mammalian atria in vitro and in vivo." Kardiologiia 40, no. 2, 37-47 - 37-47.
- Vinogradova TM, Yuzyuk TN, Fedorov VV, Zaitsev AV, Rosenshtraukh LV, 1997, "Stimulation of intramural parasympathetic nerve fibers induces local inexcitability in the rabbit sinus node." Kardiologiya 37, no. 4, 34-42 - 34-42.
- Milani-Nejad N, Canan BD, Elnakish MT, Davis JP, Chung JH, Fedorov VV, Binkley PF, Higgins RS, Kilic A, Mohler PJ, Janssen PM, The Frank-Starling Mechanism Involves Deceleration of Cross-Bridge Kinetics and is Preserved in Failing Human Right Ventricular Myocardium. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol
- Musa H, Kline CF, Sturm AC, Murphy N, Adelman S, Wang C, Yan H, Johnson B, Csepe TA, Kilic A, Higgins RSD, Janssen PML, Fedorov VV, Weiss R, Salazar C, Hund TJ, Pitt GS, Mohler PJ, "SCN5A variant that blocks Fibroblast Growth Factor Homologous Factor regulation causes human arrhythmia." PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- "Effects of ryanodine and verapamil on atrial fibrillation induced by cholinergic activity in the intact canine heart." 2001, Presented at US-Russia Joint Symposium on Cardiac Arrhythmias,
- "The role of adrenergic and cholinergic activities in the paroxysmal atrial fibrillation initiation." 2002, Presented at V Cardiostim. Slavic International Congress on Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology,
- "Experimental study of new class III antiarrhythmic drug RG-2." 2002, Presented at V Cardiostim. Slavic International Congress of Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology,
- "Structure-function correlation in the mammalian sinoatrial node: Implications for engineering a biological pacemaker." 2008, Presented at Biomedical Engineering Society 2008,
- "Electrophysiological mechanisms of initiation of the cholinergic atrial fibrillation in the dogs." 2003, Presented at III International Conference "Mechanisms of functioning visceral systems",
- "Vagally-induced inhibition of the sinoatrial nodal region." 2005, Presented at 1st Russian Arrhythmology Congress,
- "Sinoatrial node and atrial fibrillation: To beat or not to beat." 2010, Presented at Department Physiology and Biophysics Seminar,
- "Role of Ca2+ L-type and stretch-activated currents in mechanism of the cholinergic atrial fibrillation initiation." 2003, Presented at X Russian National Congress "Human and drugs",
- "Blebbistatin as a novel and selective cardiac excitation-contraction uncoupler." 2007, Presented at Heart Rhythm 2007,
- "Cardiac gap junction enhancement prevents conduction disturbances and arrhythmias in winter-hibernating mammals." 2008, Presented at Heart Rhythm 2008,
- "Sinoatrial reentry is a mechanism of atrial flutter." 2008, Presented at Heart Rhythm 2008,
- "Structural and functional studies of the mammalian heart from mouse to human: Implications for new antiarrhythmic therapies." 2009, Presented at Seminar in Medical University of South Carolina,
- Human Sinus Node Function -Insights from Optical Mapping. 2011, Presented at Gordon Research Conference, Cardiac Arrhythmias Mechanisms 2011,
- "Sino-atrial nodal depression and decreased heart rhythm response to autonomic modulation in a Calsequestrin 2 knockout mouse model." 2012, Presented at American Heart Association Scientific Session,
- "How Structural Defects Lead to Sinoatrial Node Dysfunction." 2015, Presented at Heart Rhythm 2015, the Heart Rhythm society's 36th Annual Scientific Sessions,
- Conduction Impairments in the Human Heart: Leading Drivers of Sinoatrial Node Dysfunction and Atrial Fibrillation. 2015, Presented at Seminar in Medical University of South Carolina,
- Fibrosis: a structural modulator of sinoatrial physiology and arrhythmias in the human heart. 2015, Presented at Annual Meeting of the International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences (IACS): North American Section,
- "A novel 3-D electro-anatomical mapping approach for diagnosing and targeting human heart rate dysfunctions." 2014, Presented at Seminar in Biomedical Engineering Department,
- "Atrial Arrhythmias in Explanted Human Hearts: Optical Mapping Studies." 2013, Presented at Cardiac EP seminar at the Ross Hospital,
- Anatomical and Functional Pathophysiology of Conduction Blocks. 2013, Presented at American Heart Association,
- "Sinus node function and dysfunction." 2012, Presented at Cardiac EP seminar at the Ross Hospital,
- "Targeting the Arrhythmogenic Sources of Atrial Fibrillation." 2015, Presented at Research in Progress talk, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute,
- Nodal Conduction Abnormalities Revealed by Dual-Sided Intramural Optical Mappings. 2015, Presented at Gordon Research Conference, Cardiac Arrhythmias Mechanisms,
- Optical mapping of the sinus and atrioventricular nodes. 2013, Presented at The International Union of Physiological Sciences (IUPS),
- "Insights in Atrial Fibrillation Mechanism." 2015, Presented at American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2015,
- Pacemakering and conduction system of the rabbit heart. 2007, Presented at Gordon Research Conference, Cardiac Arrhythmia Mechanisms 2007,
- Basic Electrophysiology. 2015, Presented at Europe AF 2015 8th Annual Conference,
- "3-D view into the heart through high resolution optical mapping." 2012, Presented at Biomedical Engineering Department seminar,
- "New approaches for cardiac pharmacology: high resolution optical mapping with fluorescence dyes." 2011, Presented at College of Pharmacy Seminar,
- "Cardiac conduction and resistance to hypothermia cardiac arrest in siberian ground squirrel." 2004, Presented at VI International Symposium of Comparative Electrocardiology,
- "Different mechanisms of initiation of cholinergic atrial fibrillation." 2001, Presented at National Congress "Human and drugs",
- "Electrophysiological mechanisms of the cholinergic canine atrial fibrillation initiation." 2004, Presented at XIX Congress of the Russian Physiological Society by I.P. Pavlova,
- "Functional and structural biophotonic imaging of the sino-atrial node." 2008, Presented at Department of Biomedical Engineering,
- Lack of spontaneous ventricular fibrillation in hypothermic isolated hearts of Siberian ground squirrel from the cold pole region of Northern hemisphere. 2003, Presented at Gordon Research Conference "Cardiac Arrhythmia Mechanisms",
- "Specialized atrial pacemaker complex in normal and diseased hearts –insights from Optical mapping." 2013, Presented at Semiar at National Heart and Lung Institute,
- Igor Efimov, Crystal M Ripplinger, Vadim V Fedorov, Kelley V Foyil, Christina Ambrosi. "Method and device for three-stage atrial cardioversion therapy." Patent number: 8560066