- Research Assistant Professor, Cardiovascular Medicine
473 W 12th Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
Zeng Zhaolun Chemistry Prize. Wuhan University.
- Talukder MA, Johnson WM, Varadharaj S, Lian J, Kearns PN, El-Mahdy MA, Liu X, Zweier JL., 2011, "Chronic cigarette smoking causes hypertension, increased oxidative stress, impaired NO bioavailability, endothelial dysfunction, and cardiac remodeling in mice." Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300, no. 1, H388 - H396.
- Zweier JL, Li H, Samouilov A, Liu X., 2010, "Mechanisms of nitrite reduction to nitric oxide in the heart and vessel wall." Nitric Oxide 22, no. 2, 83 - 90.
- Liu X, Srinivasan P, Collard E, Grajdeanu P, Lok K, Boyle SE, Friedman A, Zweier JL., 2010, "Oxygen regulates the effective diffusion distance of nitric oxide in the aortic wall." Free Radic Biol Med. 48, no. 4, 554 - 559.
- Liu X, El-Sherbiny GA, Collard E, Huang X, Follmer D, El-Mahdy M, Zweier JL., 2010, "Application of carbon fiber composite minielectrodes for measurement of kinetic constants of nitric oxide decay in solution." Nitric Oxide 23, no. 4, 311 - 318.
- Presley T, Vedam K, Liu X, Zweier JL, Ilangovan G., 2009, "Activation of Hsp90/NOS and increased NO generation does not impair mitochondrial respiratory chain by competitive binding at cytochrome c oxidase in low oxygen concentrations.." Cell Stress Chaperones 14, no. 6, 611 - 627.
- X. Liu, P. Srinivasan, E. Collard, P. Grajdeanu, J. L. Zweier and A. Friedman., 2008, "Nitric oxide diffusion rate is reduced in the aortic wall." Biophysical Journal 94, no. 5, 1880 - 1889.
- Alzawahra, Wael, F; Talukder, M A Hassan; Liu, Xiaoping; Samouilov, Alexandre; Zweier, Jay L, 2008, "Heme proteins mediate the conversion of nitrite to nitric oxide in the vascular wall.." American journal of physiology. Heart and circulatory physiology 295, no. 2, H499 - 508.
- Yan Q, Liu Q, Zweier JL, Liu X, 2007, "Potency of authentic nitric oxide in inducing aortic relaxation.." Pharmacological Res 55, no. 4, 329 - 34.
- Liu X, Yan Q, Baskerville KL, Zweier JL, 2007, "Estimation of nitric oxide concentration in blood for different rates of generation. Evidence that intravascular nitric oxide levels are too low to exert physiological effects.." Journal Biol Chem 282, no. 12, 8831 - 8336.
- Y.R. Chen, C.L. Chen, A. Yeh, X. Liu, J.L. Zweier., 2006, "Direct and indirect roles of cytochrome b in the mediation of superoxide generation and NO catabolism by mitochondrial succinate-cytochrome c reductase.." J Biol Chem. 281, no. 19, 13159 - 13168.
- H. Li, X. Liu, H. Cui, Y.R. Chen, A.J. Cardounel, J.L. Zweier., 2006, "Characterization of the mechanism of cytochrome P450 reductase-cytochrome P450-mediated nitric oxide and nitrosothiol generation from organic nitrates.." J Biol Chem. 281, no. 18, 12546 - 12554.
- Liu X, Liu Q, Gupta E, Zorko N, Brownlee E, Zweier JL., 2005, "Quantitative measurements of NO reaction kinetics with a Clark-type electrode." Nitric Oxide 13, no. 1, 68 - 77.